Tuesday 9 July 2013

THIS DISTANCE

Like the night dreams of the light
But time parts the two
Like the moon sobs for the sun
The day parts the two
Or like that dark dove obsessed with the white
Nay! Still color parts the two
Two found love and loved it
Tribe parts the two
this love has a wrong turn
its so weak it bruises my heart deep
so soiled where I sit
so why not delight in this pool of blood I found?
As red as my thoughts of love and hate
Its time am afraid
Am crossing the bridge alone
My love left 
So cruel am with wound of lust now
Take my hand and as you teach the lesson
My mentor, my guide
My companion.
Distance.
 ©  Maria wanjiru
Mary Wanjiru Nyokabi,  is a 22 years old Kenyan living in the city, Nairobi, but was born and brought up in Kiambu District. Her passion for poetry began back in High school when she composed poems for the school Drama Club. Her poems are based on assorted themes mostly on ailing issues within our society. Her dream is to make the society a better place to live in through frequent reminder of good morals through poetry. 


No comments:

Post a Comment