Saturday 7 April 2012







I send you a kiss,
From this shanty I stand,
A good brother in you there is,
I know none will understand;
My beauty in your hands I place
 ‘Cause you have one face.

Grow up in divine peace,
And I will raise my hand,
Praying for your  eternal peace;
I know you’ll make a good friend,
Though it’s hard for some to confess.

My brother sees in you a problem,
Your father he says is a kikuyu,
My friend is more or less the same,
Your mother he says is from Kisumu;
But the truth is we are the same
From Moyale to Lamu.

I wish, they had the eyes
Just to see you shine!
But here lies...
When they need money for votes and they be fine!
Who’ll vote you my dear moon
Especially when, in a  chopper flies the political cartoon?
Oh! How I miss you every noon.
Yes! Yes my moon
I kiss you once more
Its not in the noon
Simple and realistic though
A kiss from the lips to ribs...
And down to the hips.

All my body is on a fire
Which is seen no matter the attire
With your leadership I could be a star
And you remain the moon I miss.

When you look at me from tip to bottom,
You’ll sense that am poor,
But this does not affect home,
For they got used to being poor;
Yet poverty does not please any Tom
     Still  I have a reason to smile.

I sing your name everyday
Completely ready for the price to pay
‘What a fellow’ some may say;
‘too young to lead’ others will say
Mine is to wait till May
When all will see that you are the moon they miss.


No comments:

Post a Comment